Thursday, February 19, 2009

Way Down South

Way Down South

Clothes on a clothes line,
hangin' in the sunshine
A garden growin' in the ground
Country music on the radio,
talk about a good ol' sound
People drivin' pass when I'm cuttin' grass
Wavin' at every single one
That's the way it's done when you come from,
way down South
Way down South

This is what I miss the most about living in the south. There are still days when I wish we were still living down there so I really enjoyed this poem and had fun remembering when I read it.
Samantha
(The only thing I did not have was the country music)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice poem! Where in the south did you use to live?

Enjoy your weekend!
Sarah

ReillyClan11 said...

We live in Missouri for about three years, and them a year in Illinois. That was just before the twims were born, 2002, and we came back to Washington in August of 05. When I think of the south though I think of Illinois over Missouri. I really loved it down there.
Samantha

Sarah Frees said...

very pretty poem

Anonymous said...

hey sam Thank you for e-mailing me. you said you sent me something thank you I havent got it yet but you only sent it yesturday love you and love your blog

~Sarah Frees