Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

Hi everyone. I know this is late, but somehow I got sick on Christmas >:P
We are unsure as to how a cold got here when we have been stuck at home for the last week. And yes I mean stuck, we can not get out of our driveway. To the point that dad and the boys spent two hours shoveling the driveway, and dad still had to spend a few nights at a hotel so he would not get stuck again. Oh well, at least we got a white Christmas. :)
Well any way, this post will be a mish mash of things just as a place to put them. So I hope you like my mish mash post.......


Here is our 2008 Christmas letter. I got to write it this year and I am posting it because we send it only to the people who live far away and don't get to see us throughout the year. But it is kind of fun and Mom said I should post it so here it is......


Merry Christmas to one and all. We pray that you all had as great a 2008 as we did. This year I, Samantha, will be writing the Christmas letter.
We have had a year of great joys. One of our greatest joys this year was the birth of little Obadiah on May 3rd. He is a wonderful blessing to and for our family. And then the Lord blessed us more by giving us the gift of another baby coming in June of next year. We will then have a dozen children and four grandchildren to share the joys and sorrows of life with, to teach and train, to love and care-for, and to give back to the Lord with praise of thanksgiving. Thank you Lord!!
Our year was fun and exciting. We have enjoyed lots of animals this year. We have added:
1 dog named Lady, twin kittens called James and John, 25 chickens (we’ve since sold them), 6 turkeys (3 left), 5 ducks, and 5 cows for beef. We have learned a lot this year. We have also grown closer to our church family, with the fun of friends and growing in Christ.
We have also had sorrow this year, Grandma Starr has past away. She died on March 24th. We all miss her very much. Please pray for my mom and her sister as they are still healing.

I pray that 2009 is as wonderful a year for every one, as 2008 has been.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!




Back row: Devin, Nick, Grandbaby Oliver, Sean, Obadiah, Holly, Samantha, Christian & Seania
Middle row: Kathleen & Delaney
Front row: Grandchildren Michael and Emily, Joshua, Connor & Erin



Here is a link to a fun poem/slide show thing. I can't copy past it but it is very fun so you might like it.

http://www.share-christmas.com/poems/astar/

Seania here are some great post from that Adoption blog that we have been reading, no wait... it is a different one but you will still really like it. Read the top one first....

http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2008/12/glad-you-asked.html

http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2008/12/adoption-from-uganda-thru-our-eyes-and.html

And for everyone else, most of you know that I have a heart for adoption and want to adopt some day. Well this blog that I was telling my sister about is the best adoption blog I have found so far. They have a wonderful story that is such a God story that all of you would enjoy it. Just go to her blog and on the side she has the Important post were she has their adoption story written. It is a wonderful story you should read it and tell me.


http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/




And here are some videos of Obadiah. He is now crawling all over and eating real food pretty good. It is very cute to watch him. He is very talkative and wants to play with/in every thing. We have been doing a lot of vacuuming lately. HAHAHAHHA:):):):):)














Also, Aunt Teri last time you were up you ask for a book list, now you may have seen by now that I have added one to my blog but then again you many not have so as a heads up I added a book list to my blog and will update it when I can remember more.



Here is a slide show of how the little ones went to bed on Christmas Eve....






Well I think that is all. Hope you enjoyed my mish mash. :)
Written by
Samantha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's no fun, getting sick on Christmas. :( It looks like you had fun, though. Obadiah is so cute, as are the rest of the younguns. :)

Make sure to visit my blog.
www.homeschoolblogger.com/Steph17
(I hope the link works.)

~Stephanie