Friday, January 23, 2009

A Riddles or Two

I have a riddle for you, or maybe two...


1:
Two legs sat upon three legs,
With one leg in his lap;
In comes four legs,
And runs away with one leg.
Up jumps two legs,
Catches up three legs,
Throws it after four legs,
And makes him bring back one leg...


2:
As I went through the garden gap,
Who should I meet but Dick Red-cap!
A stick in his hand, a stone in his throat,
If you'll tell me this riddle, I'll give you a groat.




3:
Thirty white horses upon a red hill,
Now they tramp, now they champ, now they stand still.




4:
Arthur O'Bower has broken his band,
He comes roaring up the land-
The King of Scots, with all his power,
Cannot turn Arthur of the Bower!


5:
Hick-a-more, Hack-a-more,
On the King's kitchen door;
All the king's horses,
And all the king's men,
Couldn't drive Hick-a-more, Hack-a-more,
Off the king's kitchen door!


I will post the answers in one week. Let's see who can get the most right.
Samantha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are so cute. although I dont know all the awnsers. actully I dont know any of the answers.


~Sarah

Anonymous said...

I'll ask my mom if I can e-mail you it later


~Sarah Frees

Anonymous said...

And yes to get things off the sidebar. all you have to d is click on edit to the one you want to delete and then click on remove


~Sarah Frees

I hope that helps

Graydon L said...

#3 is about someone's mouth. The white horses are teeth and red hill is the... gums... I guess :-)

zimmerman family said...

u stumped me on all of them! i do think that Gradon L is right about #3. but i had no idea tell i read his comment!... love you can wate to find out

Anonymous said...

Here are my guesses:
#1 - a guy is on a stool eating a chicken leg. A cat steals the leg but returns it after nearly getting smashed by the stool?
#2 Dick Red-Cap is a cherry.
#3 is about teeth.
#4 is Arthur O'Bower the wind?
No clue about the last.
-Isaiah