Last weekend, June 27
th through the 29
th, a good friend of mine, Leanne Bryan, came to spend the weekend with us. Her house was over flowing so we got her until it
emptied out again. She showed up late Friday afternoon. We talked for some time then made dinner. After dinner mom and I tried the pies we are taking to the 4
th of July picnic. Moms is a strawberry chiffon and mine is
Mema's Lemonade Pie. Then we worked on the blog. She has one she had been
doing a lot longer then I have and she
also helps her brother with his at times. After that we played Balderdash (I think that is spelled right). We went to bed at 12, but stayed
awake for another hour before we went to sleep. The next day we had
blintzes for breakfast. After chores (yes we made her work) we went out
garage-
saleing. We were out for about 2 maybe 3 hours. We found some things for
Joshua's birthday and a
bed frame for Christian. Then we went and
watched some sheep dog tryouts. That was fun but by then we were tired and and it was hot so we only stayed to watch two of them then we went home and put all the girls down for a nap. We just played
around for a
while then had dinner and started
Leanne's pie. Her pie has cheese cake at the
bottom and peaches on the top, with a nutty
crumble topping. We stayed up till midnight or so to get it done. We watch "39 Steps"
while it was cooking and chilling. We
dragged our
selves into bed at 1 and slept very soundly until 7 the next morning when we got up and got ready to go to church. We went to church
where her
family picked her up. It was a lot of fun to have a sister close in age for a weekend. Though I must say being as she is older then me and would be the oldest if she was my sister I am glad she is my very good friend, Leanne.
Written by:
Samantha
Leanne and me just talking
Again
Looking at blogs
Oh so cute
I think it's a tie
No it's a three way tie
Those dogs and sheep can move really fast.
2 comments:
I did enjoy being with you and getting to help out when I was allowed! I hope you recovered from my visit.
l.c. bryan~
I would not say we recovered, we just had to get us to not having you here.
~Samantha
Post a Comment