Monday, September 1, 2008

camp out

On August 28th through September 1st our Church had it's annual camp out. We arrived Thursday, got set up and spent the night there. But the girls got sick, so Devin, Christian, and I spent the next night on our own then the rest of the nights we spent at home. We live only 30 minutes away so we were able to spend most of the time there. Despite the back and forth driving we had a great time. Connor won a prize for his camp fire banana splits. I went kayaking for the first time. The Bible study and singing were very good. Well, that is all so enjoy the pictures....


Day one, Thursday as we set up. It was a bit on the messy side..Thursday night after everything was set up.
Elizabeth with Obadiah.....
Matthew and Joshua....Carilyn, Heidi, Erin, Abigail H., Martha, Hope, and Abigail R.Elizabeth and RachelChurch service... I don't know what dayHeidi...
Going kayaking...Stephanie....
Watching the kayaking.... kayaksMr. Douglas, and his boys...Stephani and Carilyn..Matt.. Jacob....I think. Hope Ng...
Mr. Hamre, Elizabeth, Abigail, Emily,& Graydon...





There was a talent show Saturday night. I missed it, I was watching sick kids at home, but we got some videos and a lot of pictures, they are not in order but I will tell you what they did the best I can...Mrs. Bryan sang the 'Bear Song' from camp. You know.... 'the other day.... I met a bear....out in the woods.... oh way up there.....'Josh did a song on the guy who got hurt from the barrel of bricks at a construction site, I heard it was very funny.One of the Allen girls, I can't remember which one. And I am sure you know what she was doing.Esther..The Pollocks singing about the "Trail of tears" I think...The Roger family, singing one of the psalms...Mr. Rowland, Mr. Ng, and Mr. Young, doing the fishy song.. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!


The young people in our church put together a little play. I am not 100% sure how it went, but I think it was about some of the different beliefs there are in the world and how only one can get you out of your sin and save you. Christianity! I can not tell you all the characters. Maybe someone who was in it will tell me and I can post it in a comment.. Casey, also know as Mr. Hunter, he was the bad guy.Jerry, the one who got stuck in Mr. Hunters trap...(Johnny)
Graydon, he was the 'Cult Leader' who stole all of Jerry's Money. Another victim of the tricks of Mr. Hunter, only he gave up trying to get out..(Josh)This guy said the only way to get out of the box is to burn it up...I don't think Jerry (guy in the box) liked that idea..(Matt)(Jonny)

A Hippie/New Ager (Melissa) When Jerry found her theology empty she said, "I hope you come back as a flea infested camel in your next life." HAHAHAA female preacher (aaaagggggghhhhhh)(Sarah)And the true Christian, Arthur, who really helped him to get out of the box.(Jonathan)

Everyone at the end.

Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, more random pictures......

The rock were the kids played most of the time...Volleyball....Football.....Archery......And more archery...Elizabeth, Carilyn & Lenora...Grace, Erin, and Amanda...Too cute for words....Josh, Matt, Devin, and little Joshua....


Leanne....

Carilyn.....

Stephanie and Obadiah.....

Karmen's...

Last day...


A volleyball game....


A lot of biking....

This is so funny. Kick ball game. :) :) :) :)


Kayaking.
Written by:


Samantha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah


Dear Sam,
none of the videos are coming through to me. just to let you know. that looks like so much fun.

~Sarah Frees

Anonymous said...

sarah


Dear Sam,

Did you hear we are coming up for the kick off picnic.
I am so looking forward to seeing you guys and all that stuff.Play and read the bible and gock at the cute baby and well alot more.

~Sarah Frees



See you soon!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Too bad your little ones got sick. Glad you all were able to spend much time with us though. Great pictures!! I need to make my post as well...

ReillyClan11 said...

Thank you Sarah's. :) I do not know why the videos are not work ,Sarah F. Has anyone else had and problem watching the videos? I don't really know what to do about that other them refresh your computer and try again. Sorry! Oh and I will be watching for your post Sarah P. :) What do you think of plays pictures. Are they not so funny.?!
Samantha