Hi everyone, sorry that I am so late but we have been having a very busy time lately. But I finally have time to tell you all about our Thanksgiving.......
Well, we started our thanksgiving by getting our turkey ready two days before. It went really well and we did not have any of the problems that others have told us that we would have. It took about 15 maybe 20 minutes to pluck the turkey, so about 45 minutes all together. We were very pleased with that.
On Thanksgiving the Bryans and my Aunt Robin came over to celebrate with us. We had a great dinner. I tried a new pie recipe....
Southern Sweet Potato Pie
INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
DIRECTIONS
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Add potatoes, eggs, corn syrup, nutmeg, salt, butter and evaporated milk; beat well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes.
It was very good. Leanne brought a wonderful sweet potato.....well I am not sure what you would call it but it was sweet potato all mashed up with brown sugar, butter, and nuts on it. Oh, my that was soooooo good!! I will put the recipe on here when I get it, she is going to email it to me.
Well anyway, after dinner Matthew and Devin did the kitchen (thank you, boys!), Christian and Connor watch all the little kids, all the parents talked in the living room, and Leanne and I watched some funny you-tube videos. After the chores were done, cows were fed and kids put to bed, everyone got together in the living room and we played some games. First we played Empire. It was so much fun. We did Thanksgiving theme, the next game we did cartoon theme. It was a lot of fun!! After we played that for about an hour we played a game of 'Pictionary'. We did girls vs. boys. There was one more boy then girls, but we won any way :). The boys did do a very good job and they only lost by four spaces. Oh my, it was so much fun. The Bryans went home after the game.
I am sorry but I only got pictures on my Aunts camera and I forgot to get them off her camera. :~}
So that was our Thanksgiving....Hope you all had a great one.
Written by
Samantha
A little trivia: "Which Christmas song was actually written for Thanksgiving?"
7 comments:
that sounds like a lot of fun... is robin showing yet?
love you!! ~seania
TWO AND A HALF DAYS LEFT!!!
see you tomorrow!! we can't wate!!!
love you seania (& kids)
Is the song "one horse open sliegh"
~Sarah
No it's not :a one horse open sliegh". I will tell soon. But dous any one have any other guesses??
Samantha
Hi Samantha ~ I think the carol you are looking for is Jingle Bells.
is it over the hills and thru the woods to grandmas house we go...
(i'm not sure the name)
Turns out you all are right, yes Sarah F you were right to, I asked mom and she said it was (I thought you were talking about a diferant song,sorry. So It is.....
"Jingle Bells"
Samantha
Post a Comment